Quick and Easy Fresh Hedgehog Food
This is a great way to make sure you have fresh food for your hedgehog. It's a time saver and easy to do. I tend to have anything from 1-4 hogs in care so batch making food works well for me. I freeze the food in ice-cube trays as it's the perfect portion size and defrosts in 30 mins.
What you'll need:
- Ice cube trays
- Hand blender
- Cook the vegetables
- Cook the meat (do not add any seasoning or salt)
- Put it all in a bowl and blitz with your hand blender until it is in a paste and all large pieces have been broken down. It should have the consistency of a thick pâté.
- Spoon the mixture into the ice cube tray and pat down to full all the cubes
- Freeze and repeat until all the mixture has been made into cubes
- Pop them all in a ziplock back and keep in the freezer
Take the cube out and place in a bowl about 20-30 minutes prior, it will defrost at room temperature.
I normally make the food cubes with one of the below meats and 2-3 of the vegetables from the below list:
No complaints from this madam!